New England College's Online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) is a 40-credit-hour program designed to help you expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in taxation, financial reporting, cost accounting, auditing, mergers and acquisitions. As a result, you will be prepared for careers in auditing and risk management, corporate accounting, management consulting, banking and financial services, governmental and nonprofit organizations, and taxation practices.
Based on the functional, personal and broad business competencies identified by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the MSA program satisfies the 150-hour requirement for the CPA examination in most states. It also helps you prepare for other professional certification programs such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Data Processing Auditor (CDPA).
MSA Program Highlights:
- Requires no standardized entrance exams.
- Delivered fully online in an interactive and dynamic platform.
- Consists of ten seven-week courses.
- Completed in less than two years.
- Taught by distinguished faculty with real-world experience.
- Deepens your understanding of complex accounting issues and develops your critical reasoning capacity.
MSA Program Benefits:
- Prepare for the CPA and satisfy the 150-hour requirement of most states.
- Increase your career and networking opportunities.
- Enjoy higher salaries.
- Open doors to the most desirable positions.
- Gain skills you can apply immediately in the workplace.
- Become an accountant.
MSA Program Competencies
The MSA program was developed based on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Core Competencies for entry into the accounting profession. The aim is to ensure a successful career in accounting. Upon graduation from the program, you will have the following competencies:
Functional: decision modeling, risk analysis, measurement, reporting, and research develop and boost functional competencies.
Personal: professional demeanor, problem solving and decision making, interaction, leadership, communication, and project management cultivate and improve personal competencies.
Broad Business: strategic/critical thinking, industry/sector perspective, international/global perspective, marketing/client focus, legal regulatory perspective, and resource management develop and enhance a broad business perspective.
Take the Next Step Toward Your Future
For more information about the program, or to apply, please contact us at 1.866.817.2226 Ext. 3551 (U.S. and Canada), or +1.647.723.6680 Ext. 3551(International).